An exciting prospect for the environment of the future: renewable energy is cheaper. While for vacationers this was a summer to forget, it was a remarkable season for power generation from renewable sources.
- Excellent reponse from the park of the English wind turbines providing 22% of the electricity average needs on Sunday, thus establishing a new record and beating coal request, that provides only 13% of the whole demand.
- Spain turns out to be a fast-growing European country: in the last month of July it was recorded that more than 55% of electricity was produced from zero emission sources.
- And in the first semester of 2014 Germany generated more than a third of its energy from renewable sources, thus anticipating the key of our future environment. Energy production from fossil-fuel, gas and coal power plants dropped.
These figures clearly indicate giving up the era of the dirty and obsolete fossil fuels in favour of renewable energy, the power of our future environment. And here are some other good news:
- The Department of Energy and Climate Change in Scotland declared that in 2013 the country got more than 46% of electricity from renewables. It will reach 50% in 2015, setting a new goal of 100% of renewables by 2020 for the environment of our future.
- Renewable energy is reaching competitive prices. In Italy, Spain and Germany solar power achieved the so-called Grid Parity, the point at which energy produced with solar panels is cheaper.
News show an all-European trend to keep the agreement and reach in 2030 a complete transition from fossil fuels to renewables. And the run towards the environment of our future never stops.
Every movement has its moment. This is ours. (Al Gore)
From September, 16th many actions will take place all over the world to highlight the possible solutions to global warming:
- Nobel Prize Al Gore’s environmental movement will gather the best solutions and share them publicly from September, 16th to 17th: 24 Check out this short video.
- Local movements are getting ready for the People’s Climate March on September 21st, 2014. Sign up, you will find some meeting points close to your home.
Learning never ends.
I achieved personal successes through every project I’d managed, like this blog, twitting since 2014 for the Awarded Rugbyunited.org.uk, and more. In every of those role during my carrier in Communication Manager I can say: “All we have to know is how to love this Planet and spread it!”